Saturday, January 23, 2010

No Stranger Sunday: #3

Welcome to No Stranger Sunday, where every Sunday I will post an interview of a different blogger from around the blogsphere. Take the time, get to know these people. Visit their blogs.

This week, I am glad to announce Ashley from Life Is Beautiful! Ashley is definitely a doll and full of faith. Go take a look. :)

Tell us a bit about yourself:

Do you live in a city or a more rural area?
I'm from an extremely small town. Most people that come to visit never realize when they have entered or left another town. My home county is small, but I love it that way!

Are you married? If so, how long?
Nope. I'm still waiting on that one the Lord has out there for me.

Do you have children? If so, how many?
I don't, but I have always been extremely close to my three nephews & niece. Since I was 12 it is rare for me to go two days out of the week without being at their house or them at mine. So to some extent I feel as though I have kids!

Any extra family members? (i.e. pets)
I do have a cat who I believe thinks she is a human. When I first got her I always called her Little Buddy, so I decided to name her Gilligan. That was also before I knew she wasn't a he, so I call her Gilly for short.

What food makes your mouth water, just thinking about it?
Oh my! I love food, but thinking about dark chocolate covered fleur de sel caramels makes me drool all over the place. And so does chicken parmigiana.

What is your favorite book?
The True Story of the Three Little Pigs. It's a children' book, but it's been my favorite since i was in 1st grade. I actually own numerous copies of it!

Do you collect anything? If so, what?
Novelty Socks. I have an insane collection of them, but I'm not too big on wearing socks. I also collect wine bottles. I don't drink it, but I love the bottles. Since I work as a housekeeper I'm able to find some really amazing looking bottles left in rooms.

What do you like to do in your spare time?
Reading, cooking, cleaning, browsing the internet, thrift shopping, making things, pilates.



Tell us a bit about your blog:

Is there any certain reason that you named your blog "Life Is Beautiful"?
I just believe that life is beautiful, always. I know there are times when you just feel like stepping on someone's toes for telling you life is beautiful when you are almost certain everything is falling apart, and everyone is out to get you, but once you take a step back and look at all you have, you begin to see that Life Is Beautiful, always.

When did you start blogging?
I have actually been blogging for years. Long before blogging was the thing to be doing. I just didn't do it on the blog I have now, and I honestly didn't enjoy it the way I do now. I guess I've had my main blog sometime over a year. (Don't hold me to that because I honestly have no idea when I published my first post! haha)

What is something that you love about your blog?
How it's just me. I can read blogs all day that I love, but none of them are me.

Did you design your own blog? If not, who did?
Yes I did. It's nothing fancy, but I like it, and there are others who seem to as well. I'm sure it will change sometime soon. I hate keeping things like that the same! :D

Are there any topics that you LOVE to blog about?
My faith, and lately it seems that I've been blogging a ton about Etsy. I think I'm addicted to that place! I also like blogging about food when I do remember to take photos and what not when I cook!

Any topics that you really try not to blog about?
I usually try to stay away from blogging about, I guess you would call it, my love life. Not that I actually have one, but when it comes to guys asking me out and what not, I usually just keep that to myself. I'm sure some things about those instances I would blog about, but I guess I'm just afraid some guy that I say no to may happen upon my blog, and that would just be awkward.

How many blogs do you currently use?
Just one now. I use to blog on Myspace for awhile, but that just wasn't the same.

Do you have any tips for other bloggers?
Make sure you love what you're doing, and don't post things that you are going to say "man, why in the world would I post something like that". Also, for those who are new to blogging, don't get upset when you think no one is reading. The chances that someone is, and start reading others blogs and responding to them. It's amazing the friends you can make by blogging.

Is there anything you'd like to say to the readers?
Thanks for reading!

Ashley, thanks a ton for being a part of my meme. It's such a great opportunity to allow my readers, your readers & myself to get to know you & your blog better.

And thank all of you for visiting this week's No Stranger Sunday! If you would like to be interviewed, feel free to visit the No Stranger Sunday link and sign up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment