Saturday, January 9, 2010

No Stranger Sunday: #1

Welcome to No Stranger Sunday, where every Sunday I will post an interview of a different blogger from around the blogsphere. Take the time, get to know these people. Visit their blogs.

This week, our first week, I am pleased to announce that that we have Shannon from The Mommy-Files! I am so thrilled to have the opportunity to interview her - she's my version of a blogging celebrity! If you keep up with my blog, then you've probably seen me mention her from time to time throughout different posts. Shannon's blog is the whole reason that I even set up my own account with Blogger; she has had an incredible impact on my blogging experience. Shannon is an incredible blogger - plain and simple. I hope that one day my blog reaches a level as great as her's. Tell us a bit about yourself:

Do you live in a city or a more rural area?
I live in Seattle. I love living in the city. I grew up in the suburbs, so this is different, but tons of fun. I don't live downtown (that would be too stressful with little ones), but love where we live.

Are you married? If so, how long?
I have been married for 10 years. I can't believe it!

Do you have children? If so, how many?
I have 3 boys (ages 6, 3, and 18 months)

Any extra family members? (i.e. pets)
Nope. :)

What food makes your mouth water, just thinking about it?
Chocolate - that was an easy one. Ooohhh and lobster and steak :)

What is your favorite book?
Little Women

Do you collect anything? If so, what?
I collect the State Quarters and DVDs. I have so many DVDs!

What do you like to do in your spare time?
I love to blog. I am working on getting caught up on our Scrapbooks also. I also enjoy baking, playing games, and running our local MOMS Club. Not much spare time after those items.

Tell us a bit about your blog:


Is there any certain reason that you named your blog "The Mommy-Files"?
I wanted a blog with the word "mommy" in it. My husband and I sat down and brainstormed and I thought of a file cabinet, the X-Files, and then came up with "The Mommy-Files."

When did you start blogging?
July 2008

What is something that you love about your blog?
I love that is grown so much over the past year. I love that when I go to a blogging event, people ask the name of my blog and when I tell them, they say "Oh I know your blog." That's such a good feeling!

Did you design your own blog? If not, who did?
No. Krystyn from Krizzy Designs designed my header and Lauren from Restored Designs set up my WordPress blog.

Are there any topics that you LOVE to blog about?
I love to blog about experiences I have as a mother and product reviews. I also love hosting giveaways and the reactions people have when they win.

Any topics that you really try not to blog about?
I try to stay away from politics or topics that would create a lot of drama.

Do you have any tips for other bloggers?
Don't get burned out on blogging. It's easy to do. Pace yourself and blog about what you enjoy. I love to blog about parenting or experiences I've had as a mom. Some are very personal, but that's what makes it my blog :)

Is there anything you'd like to say to the readers?
Thanks for being there for me. Your comments and support mean so much to me. Without my readers, The Mommy-Files would not be what it is today.

Thank you Shannon for allowing me to interview you and for allowing my readers (and myself) to have the opportunity of getting to know you better! You are truly an inspiration to fellow bloggers!
And thank all of you for visiting this week's No Stranger Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment