Friday, December 18, 2009

Scary Road to Perfection

So, Joshua and I have been together for just over a year now. Whenever we first met, my hair looked like this.

Very short. Nothing special. I couldn't really do much with my hair, but I always tried to keep it fixed well for him. It was usually just straight or leave it natural (slightly wavy) or just put it up in a nice looking bun / ponytail.
However, there were those days that, by the looks of my hair, I should have been waiting for my application to work at a Haunted House.

Nice, don't you think? Let's just say that my hair does it's own thing. I can try to make it look however I want, but it doesn't always agree with what I like -- so it does it's own thing.
I usually am awake no later than 9:30 a.m., which I feel that considering I'm a 19-year old, freshman in college that I handle mornings extremely well. However, yesterday, I woke up a bit earlier than usual because I had to take my LAST final! (woo-hooo!!!) Anyways, I get home from taking my final around 10:00 a.m. and decided that I needed a shower. I didn't have time for one earlier. When I was in the shower, I started thinking about my hair (nothing new, usually when I wash my hair, I think of different ways that I'd like to 'one day' try doing my hair - although it never really happens).

At any rate, I decided that I was going to do something different today, not just because I wanted to but also because Joshua has never seen my hair curly. He's seen it straight, and seen it natural, but never has he seen me "all dolled up."

So the journey began.

I grabbed the gel, hairspray, and two hair-ties. I seperated my hair into two even parts, using my natural part (like you would do if you wanted pigtails). Then I applied the gel, lots of it. I put up both sides of my hair, seperately, into two horrific buns. Then layered on the hairspray.

Poor Joshua. I ran into the room (where he was still sleeping).. snuck into the bed and woke him up, while looking like this. haha. I could tell that he was confused.

So I explained to him that I looked like this so that I could look pretty for him later. He leaned up, kissed my forehead and said "You're always beautiful to me, my silly girl." Ah. Something's are just too sweet to let go of -- and Joshua is certianly one of them.
Later, around noon, we had to go to town. So I took down my awful looking buns, and sprayed in more hairspray. The aftermath was sheer perfection and total luck.

This picture is at around 11:30 p.m., which was almost 12 hours after I had taken my hair down for the first time. I was so excited. I'm not one to think of myself as gorgeous or anything, it just isn't like me to do so -- but I certainly did think my hair looked fantastic!!

If only most guys understood what ladies go through in order to look good for them. I'm so thankful that Joshua does not expect this sort of appearance from me.. However, he does say that I looked amazing with my hair curly and that 'if I wanted to' then I could do it again soon. I told him that I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment