Monday, April 12, 2010

It's MY blog and I will say what I want..

Back in January, I posted a post about Mindy McCready being on Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinksy.
While Mindy was on the show, she did a lot of bashing her mom, which I happen to know on a very personal level. Mindy claimed that her mom was abusive to her & to Mindy's son.

In part of the post, I put, and I quote, "Maybe Mindy was abused as a child, I don't know. I wasn't there..." However, I do know Mindy's son (which Mindy's mom has custody of, and has for a very long time) is in wonderful hands. Mindy's mom loves that boy.
I never said that there's no way that her mom never abused her. But being that I know the situation a lot better than many of you may think, please leave it be.

I like when my readers participate in my postings, that's part of the reason that I post what I post. But remember, it's MY BLOG, and I will post whatever I choose to.

Do not lecture me on what to (or not to) post. Don't tell me what I should think or feel.
You're entitled to your opinions, but do not come to my blog and try to tell me what to think about a situation that I have a lot of ensight on.

As I said before, I never said that there's no way she was abused. But I did say that if she were, I'm 99.999% positive that her son is not and therefore she should not try to bash her mom on national television.

I understand that many of you were abused, and I'm truly sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to you, even after what you said to me. Nobody deserves to be treated in such a way. Mindy (if she were truly abused) did not deserve it; but even still, don't be rude.

A lot of rape charges are proven to be false. People want attention.

I try to be polite as I enjoy readers and I enjoy hearing people's thoughts, but this was just enough. Don't compare me to the Pope. Don't be rude to me for blogging (on my blog) my opinion of things that I know about.

It's rude and I do not appreciate it. You don't know the things that I know about the situation. You don't know what I've heard Mindy say to her mom. You haven't seen them together, the way that I have. So, as I defend a friend, a loved one, DO NOT criticize me, unless you know the situation.

It's good to stand up for what you believe in, but do it in a more mature manner or it makes you just as guilty.

3 comments:

  1. Wasn't around for all the 'excitement' but noticed your statistic of 8/10 are false. Was curious where that stat came from? Not accusing you of anything just wanting to know where it came from :)

    Also, I tried to subscribe to you via email but when I click on the email box it takes me to a twitter button site instead of allowing me to enter ym email. Probably need to add the end tag after your twitter button

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ok, that makes more sense, hehe :)

    I'm still having troubles with the email button - when I scroll over the words enter your email address it links up because the whole thing is linked to that twitterbuttons.com place

    ReplyDelete