Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Life Changes You

Before I was pregnant, I weighed in at a whopping 98 pounds! I've been small my entire life, no joke. When I was born, I only weighed 5 lbs 6 oz. I mean, really, I'm just small.

I got made fun of from time to time. But it never bothered me. I figured that everyone gets made fun of for something at some point in their lives.

So, whenever I got pregnant, I had a lot of people telling me, "You're going to miss that small little body of yours" and "You can kiss that tiny, perfect body goodbye. You'll never see it again". I figured that they were right. I'd miss my body, at some point or another.

Nope!

I have to be completely honest. I've never felt more beautiful than I do now, as I am pregnant. The entire time, I've enjoyed the weight gain. I think I needed it. I was as healthy as I could be - I'd tried gaining weight before, but it just never worked for me. And now that I've put some weight on, I wish it would stay. Well, not everywhere, but some of it. Of course I'd like the baby belly to inch iteself away after the baby is born, but I love what I've put on in my face!

Needless to say, that I'm only weighing in at about 122 pounds (as of last Thursday), but psshh, that's a lot more than I started out at.

A lot of women that I know that have had children talk about missing their bodies and having to throw out old clothes because they were too small, and some even cried as they did it.

But I'm looking forward to it. I want to put on enough weight that I can wear a Medium size shirt (without having to be pregnant!) or wear a size 3 in pants. Sheesh, I'd even be okay with getting bigger than that. I'd just like to be healthy looking.

At any rate, if you're pregnant, do your best to stay happy with yourself. Love the way you look. And if it starts to get you down, just remember:
At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is that precious baby you're bringing into this world.

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture. I am glad that you feel as beautiful as you are :0)

    ReplyDelete